16 Nov 2006

Welcome to Ivo's Sketchblog

So, here I am! Inspired by the sketchbook-blogs of Mattias Adolfson and Tommy Kane I decided to start my own sketchblog today.
I draw in sketchbooks since I started drawing at all at the age of 27 (the beginning of my so called "second life"). I prefer sketchbooks to single sheets of paper because this way I can be sure to never lose a sketch or an idea... Until now there are 10 different books filled with serious, funny and crazy stuff.
Here they are:

A look inside:
For the beginning I will show material from this older books at first, perhaps more current stuff in the future. I try to post as often as possible, so it would be nice to see you again!

As I mentioned above I am a fan of the artwork of Tommy Kane from New York. A few weeks ago I spotted two surprising drawings on his blog. I was astonished to see that an artist in another part of the world has drawn almost exactly the same as I did. These are drawings of a toy-robot and and a barbeque-grill. Here are the versions from my sketchbooks:


And here is Tommy Kane's robot and the grill. The toy-robot seems to be exactly the same model. The grills are similar regarding the angle of view and how we cutted off of the wheel...
That's it for the beginning!

7 Comments:

At 17/11/2006, 15:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ein sehr interessantes Projekt! Man könnte es auch Bibelblog nennen, denn Skizzenbücher sind ja bekanntlich heilig.

Hast Du wirklich erst mit 27 angefangen zu zeichnen?

 
At 17/11/2006, 15:16, Blogger Ivo said...

Zu deiner Frage: Ja, leider.

 
At 17/11/2006, 19:06, Blogger kane said...

I love your blog. This is a great idea to show your fantastic work. I'm happy you did this. I'll be stopping by alot.

 
At 18/11/2006, 17:24, Blogger digitus said...

Klasse, Ivo, vielen Dank, dass Du uns gewissermaßen ins Nähkästchen gucken lässt - mehr davon!!!

 
At 19/11/2006, 17:13, Blogger Ivo said...

@tommy: Thanks a lot for this nice compliment. I'll do my very best for your enjoyment :-)

@digitus: Ich hab zu danken, dass du dir die Zeit nimmst, hier zu stöbern. Jetzt entdeckst du vielleicht ein weiteres Paralleluniversum... ;-)

 
At 22/11/2006, 11:31, Blogger Felicity Grace said...

What amazing work you do! I can't believe you started so late - why so? Did you have a love of drawing before?

 
At 26/11/2006, 18:36, Blogger Ivo said...

@felicity: Thanks for stopping by! I started to draw so late because I never felt the urge to draw before. But of course I'd drawn a lot as a child and in my school days so strictly speaking it was only a 10-years-break from drawing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home