26 Nov 2006

Ships


You could think so far I only draw silly things, cartoons and such stuff from imagination but this isn't true. As often as I can I try to get some fresh air and draw from life. During my studies of graphic-design in Hildesheim one of my favorite places to do this was the harbor. It was only a canal port but nevertheless rich in impressive and complex things and forms. So week after week I spent there a few hours (sometimes with my fellow Mario) drawing ships, cranes, warehouses, crazy machines and other interesting things. At the weekends I was almost always the only human being there. That's why I miss this place so much. (I'm sure, most of my fellow students not even knew that Hildesheim has a port...)

4 Comments:

At 27/11/2006, 00:03, Blogger suzanne cabrera said...

I'm so happy to have found your blog! I love what I see and look forward to visiting often!

 
At 27/11/2006, 20:18, Blogger Unknown said...

love your drawings!! GREAT pages, thanks for sharing your sketchbook arts with us!

 
At 28/11/2006, 06:08, Blogger Felicity Grace said...

I find artists who draw cartoons are always good at other stuff too whereas doing realistic stuff doesn't mean you can do cartoons! I'm always envious of cartoonists! It's great to see your versatility!

 
At 04/12/2006, 13:19, Blogger Unknown said...

very nice work. i love drawing this stuff too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home